Mar 31, 2013 | By: A Woman

Does the Education system Prepare the Children to Face the World - Day 337

child_holding_worldContinuing with the Question Who is Responsible for our Children's Education?

If you haven't already, I suggest reading through the previous blogs:

 

Who is Responsible for our Children's Education? - Day 332

Is the Zoo an Educational Experience for Children - Day 333

The Santa Claus Conspiracy - Can a Child Trust their Parents? - Day 334

Rejection as Parental Control? - Day 335

Rejections as Parental Authority - Day 336

 

 

In high school, I repeatedly heard that I must get good grades to be able to enter the university which from a certain perspective was redundant because I didn't care at that stage about the university - I wanted to go to the army, meet new people and afterwards, explore the world. The university was too far fetch for me to even connect the importance of high grades and University qualification. I remember specific back chat, every time I didn't excel a specific exam: "Well, you can always re take the exam after high school, don't bather yourself with it now". When I now look at this back chat, I could only afford having this back chat because I knew that my parents would pay anything related to my education and if it means that I will have to take an exam later on in my life, they would pay for it. within that, I didn't even take into consideration their financial stability and what they would have to scarify for me to have the best education possible.

 

From being the best, to giving up and avoiding potential rejections:

Here you must understanding the following time line -

I was the best in my class up until high school. I never had to study hard to get good grades, everything was easy for me and it was rare that I had to really sit down and study. However, being one of the best student came to my disadvantage when I went into high school since I was placed in a class of people like me, people that excelled in their previous years and now, being the top of the class was something extremely hard to manifest. All the pupils were very much oriented towards studying and I still wanted to have fun and spend time with my friends which became much difficult with the level of education taught in my class.

I just met my first boyfriend and I wanted to spend time with him without having to worry about studying. He was in a regular school in a regular class and therefor, didn't have to study hard in comparison to what was required of me. Also, in the summer before I started high school, I met lots of new friends that I really liked and I wanted to be with them and with my boyfriend and just have fun. Studying was not a priority I would have freely chosen at this stage.

 

This is where I lost all my ambition to succeed in life because I realized that to be successful, I would have to scarify a part of me that I didn't want to let go. That I would have to focus on being better, being more and so do so, I would have to compete - all of which I didn't want. I enjoyed it much better when I got good grades with the minimum effort. This is why, when I looked at my future back then, I saw nothing; this is when I made sure that what ever I would apply for, would be something that can be easily achieved, that I won't have to fight with anyone and that I won't have to spend extra time in perfecting my skills.

The principle, teachers and my parents, after 2 years eventually gave in to my protests and allowed me to give up on the hard subjects that were not obligatory subjects in terms of being able to graduate and accordingly, I did the minimum effort and I passed the exams with good grades because I only walked the exams that were obligatory. These exams are written for the average student which allowed me to excel them without any special effort and pressure.

 

So - would you say that the education system prepared me to face rejections? My own self rejections? Obviously not - It prepared me to make sure I would never again face rejections through utilizing the Money, connections and means my family had. The schooling system allowed me to give up on myself, compromise and limit myself to the extant of absolutely believing that I'm not good enough, not worthy enough, that I have no real chance in the system. Guess what I did after the army and my journeys across the globe - I took again the easy way out - I went into a private collage, knowing my parents would pay for it even if it cost 3 times more than a public university and again, the moment I faced a little bit of a struggle, I decide to leave;

Luckily, there was a student that was 20 years older than me that had decided to make a career change and become a lawyer; he convinced me to stay and walk with him and he promised me that he will show me the way and assist me with getting by without dedicating these entire years to constant studying. And so he did. And I could continue partying and working all night as a bartender, making lots of money to be able to travel again around the world in every chance I had.

 

After I graduated, when I started my 'adulthood' life, I went to work in telemarketing. The job was not demanding and I didn't have to push through any barriers accept for that I couldn't keep my bartender job and so, money became a problem. But then, another friend of mine, that saw the potential I have if I set my mind into something, offered me a job interview in the company he was working in. he vouch for me and after 5 min, I got the job. This job, was very much demanding and I had to learn a lot and stay focused all the time. I had to not only work during the day, but I had to work also during the nights. This is why, I wasn't so good at this job because I couldn't follow this method and I started to resent the system as a whole. After a year, I decided to quit and move into the spirituality direction. from there, I didn't have any demanding job for a few years; none of the jobs I did were challenging, jobs that I could expand myself and get promoted. I was very laid back and hoping that everything would eventually work out. I was in a process of crashing myself down and become nothing in this world while depending on my parents for a monthly budget to pay my rent.

 

So, from being the top in my class, to the average student, to giving up, I lost myself and saw myself as worthless. Nothing worked out for me. This is when I found Desteni.

 

At some stage I realize that if I ever want to be something, I must let the financial support I was given from my family go and do what ever is necessary to be done to get myself on my feet again and I started from scratch - I became a waitress again. However, here, I was already walking my process and had the tools to see the sabotaging process I was busy walking and how to assist and support myself to correct and change myself.

 

I was determine to stay out of the system and make it my own way and I took the initiative to quit my job and start my own business. That obviously, didn't work because I didn't have the initial funds required to have my own business. This is when I called the head of the telemarketing company I worked in a few years back and set a meeting with him to see what are my options now. Little did I know that he quit his job and open a new firm where I could really expand myself in. That the job he had for me was the first time I could finally recognize that I have what it takes to be something in this world. The job allowed me utilize my natural skills and perfect them. while he was my boss in the marketing company, he saw my natural skills that I wasn't aware of it yet and this is why, over the years, he used to call me and meet me for a coffee while trying to convince me to work for him. he observed all the changes that I've been through and by the time I was 'ready' to work for him, he knew what it would take to keep me in the company. So he gave me everything I needed - being my own boss, not being obligated to the office hours, doing my Desteni stuff and even better, he allowed me to prioritizing Desteni over this job because he knew that if I won't be able to do my Desteni stuff, I won't keep the job. And It worked well - it was a win-win situation for the both of us. I made the company successful in a year and I did it on my own terms.

 

So - things eventually worked out for me once I started taking responsibility for myself and stand accountable for who I am. If it wasn't for Desteni, there is little to no chance that I would have ever stood up again. 10 or more years of struggle because I wasn't willing to face rejections, to face perfections, to face responsibility and accountability. 10 or more years of absolute failure that could have been prevented if only I would learn the skills required to stand up in this world, while being in the Schooling education system.

How many of us had to walk through this cycle and learn in the hard way what does it mean to make it in this world and what one require to do to be able to make it? how many of us didn't have the financial nest to protect them and thus, found themselves in the streets or even worse? How many of us feels like a complete failure and useless and compromised our life to only get by?

 

Our Schooling system do not prepare the children to perfect their natural abilities and enhance who they are to be able to contribute to the world within their capacity and ability. The Schooling System in no way teach the children the basic life skill required to grow and expand who they are and what they can become. The Schooling System has one interest in mind - to keep the Beast sleeping to never question the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of the world system. This is why so little of us would actually stand up to correct and change the system. 

 

"Mass education was designed to turn independent farmers into docile, passive tools of production. That was its primary purpose. And don't think people didn't know it. They knew it and they fought against it. There was a lot of resistance to mass education for exactly that reason. It was also understood by the elites. Emerson once said something about how we're educating them to keep them from our throats. If you don't educate them, what we call "education," they're going to take control -- "they" being what Alexander Hamilton called the "great beast," namely the people. The anti-democratic thrust of opinion in what are called democratic societies is really ferocious. And for good reason. Because the freer the society gets, the more dangerous the great beast becomes and the more you have to be careful to cage it somehow."

Source: Noam Chomsky, David Barsamian (1996) Class Warfare: Interviews with David Barsamian. Monroe, ME: Common Courage Press

 

So the solution?

We cannot change what was done but we can start our own process of becoming a stable, effective, responsible and accountable human being in this world. We must trace back the origin of every decision we have ever make and see how we could change/correct the decision to stand in alignment to what is best for all life. We must stand as the directive principle, to lead the way for a greater change; a change of this world system within all it's dimension from Education, to Health care, to Housing and so on. This can be done with the Equal Money System.

So, a suggestion - walk your own self change first and support yourself with the free online course to gain the basic foundation from which you will be able to assist and support yourself in your process of self change. When you are ready to become the Key to change this reality - investigate the Equal Money System to see the possibilities of what can be practically be done to make sure that all lives are honourable, protected and respected. See the possibilities of how the Education system can be changed and transformed to a system that actually support the awakening of the beast within us to become responsible and accountable human being that are able to practically and effectively stand up and contribute for the better living of us all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment